Product Description for the XILS Synth Bundle - XILS 4 SynX Oxium PolyKB II XILS V+
The XILS 4
Ultimate Analog Matrix Modular Synthesizer
The XILS 4 emulates a prototype that was never released, the EMS VCS4, based on two intricate and interacting VCS 3 ( Synthi) cores. We also coupled them with the famous 256 analog polysequencer
Is that all ? No, of course, we added a SECOND Matrix, offering 2 additional envelopes, one LFO, a detailed Sample and Hold module, and a Voltage processor. Then invited Velocity, Modulation Wheel, Aftertouch, and all the Midi Cc to join the party.
Which means hundreds of additional connexions. Add to that, the analog chorus with its three modes, the analog Delay and Phaser, and the picture emerges.
In the XILS 4, you can connect everything with everything, and you get more than 1140 possible different connexions per patch.
Did we say at Audio Rate ?
The XILS 4 can also be used as a powerful VST effect processor, processing incoming audio signals, so we added more –input- modules : Gate, Transient, Envelope Follower and Pitch Tracker.
An endless source of inspiration for those who want to go deep into the heart of Analog Modular Synthesis.
It’s impossible to summarize what the XILS 4 can do, but, in short, here’s the list of the main modules :
- 12 Aliasing free Oscillators, grouped in 6 pairs, with WaveShaping, 3*2 Hard synchronization modes, + 2 additional Noise oscillators
- 2 Analog Multimode Filters, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (6/12/24 dB)
- 4 Trapezoidal, looping, Envelope Generators. ( Switchable to standard ADSR )
- 5 Polyphonic LFOs ( including 4 Oscillator acting as LFO at audio rate )
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator and VCA engine
- Cascade Mode : Synthesizer 1 can feed Synth 2 engine inputs
- 4 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter
- 2 Programmable Joystick Vector Controllers ( up to 32+32 modulation targets )
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Enveloppe Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules
- Chorus, Delay, Phaser, Spring Reverb
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6 ), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- 700+ presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers
- Preset Database Engine ( Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags )
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections
- More than 100 parameters mappable to midi controllers
- More than 1100 possible connexions per patch ! ! !
- With the XILS 4 research Synthesizer, things that were impossible yesterday become now possible, with never ending programming possibilities.
The PolyKB II is protected with two available dongles , USB-eLicenser and iLok.
The PolyKB II is a recreation of a very rare, very powerful polyphonic synthesizer released in the 80's by a french company.
The XILS V+
The XILS V+ combines a Vintage 10 band Vocoder, Supreme Top Octave Divider based Strings and Human Voices, or any sophisticated layering of these three elements.
After more than one year of intense modelling deep in the basement of the Xils Laboratories, we offer you this complete recreation of a legend. Its unique vintage vibe and beauty that can only be brought back to life by precisely emulating different ancient and forgotten techniques.
The XILS V+ offers:
- One finely tweak and emulated Top Octave Divider aliasing free oscillator, providing up to 49 voices of polyphony.
- Access to a lot of parameters which its hardware model kept secret under the roof.
- One strings section.
- One human voices section.
- One 10 bands vocoder.
- A virtual keyboard ( from which notes can be saved in your presets).
- An Advance Stereo Space effect.
- A simple but nice sounding reverb.
- A Analog like resonant Phaser.
- Up to 6 free assignable modulation dots, with up to 14 sources and 24 destinations.
- A special Glide function.
- A finely tweak analog-like pitch tracker.
- All parameters are MIDI controllable.
- XILS V+ is available with the following formats :
- Mac OSX 10.4/10.5 (32 bits powerpc and intel eLicenser/iLok), 10.6 (32&64 bits Intel) and later : VST, Audio Unit, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later), AAX (PT10 and later)
- Windows XP, Vista and windows7/8 (32&64bits) ; VST, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later), AAX (PT10 and later)
- XILS V+ is 32 bits and 64 bits plug-in.