Product Description for the Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Custom
The Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Custom DSP Accelerator contains Universal Audio’s most powerful PCIe processing card, coupled with a Custom software bundle that lets you choose any three UAD plug-in titles at registration. In creating UAD-2 plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment.
The UAD-2 OCTO Custom features eight SHARC processors, and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis, giving your Mac or PC a significant boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
- Flagship eight-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) for UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Mac and PC
- Custom software bundle lets users “pick any 3” UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration*
- Ideal for professional power-users running demanding projects w/ high plug-in instances and/or high sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Includes “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo audio interface
- Also available as UAD-2 OCTO Core and UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate packages
The UAD-2 OCTO Custom includes UA’s “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, and it lets users select any three additional UAD plug-in titles from a world-renowned library that includes Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, MXR, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL and more.
Fully Mac- and Windows-compatible, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 OCTO Custom is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.