Traynor YCS90 Custom Special 90 Combo
Product Description for the Traynor YCS90 Custom Special 90 Combo
The Custom Special 90 offers the best of all worlds in a high powered all tube combo.
Capable of operating in either a 90-watt Class-AB mode for large stages or concert halls or a more manageable 20-watt pure Class-A mode for club dates and the studio, the Custom Special 90 delivers high headroom and clarity or super saturated lead & blues tones on demand.
Taking the Custom Special 90 2x12 combo on the road is a breeze with the all-new Celestion G12 Century Vintage speakers on board. Designed to deliver the classic Celestion G12 12-inch speaker tone in a lightweight neodymium magnet design, the New Century speakers allow maximum impact from a 2x12-inch combo that is actually a lighter amp that it’s 50-watt 1x12 counterpart.
Although lightweight, the Custom Special 90 2x12 combo still uses an all metal chassis and solid plywood cabinet construction, ensuring unmatched reliability over the long haul.
Maximum versatility in the clean channel is ensured by the innovative Brit / USA channel voicing switch unique to the Traynor Custom Special Series. This USA / Brit switch actually relocates the tone stack relative to the gain stages in the clean channel, allowing the Custom Special series EQ section to respond with either a crisp ‘American’ style tube amp, for clarity and definition, or with a grittier, more ‘spongy’ ‘British’ flavor associated with the great UK amps of the 60s and 70s.
An Expander circuit that first appeared on Traynor’s popular Custom Valve 80 has been included on the Custom Special 90’s rhythm channel allowing the amp to deliver an almost acoustic-like tone when required.
The Custom Special 90’s lead channel offers more flexibility and a wider tone pallet than competitive tube amps in its class. Modern and Scoop switches offer the player a choice of ‘vintage’ tube drive or a more aggressive ‘scooped’ guitar tone. A solo boost level on the lead channel offers easy access to an additional gain stage, allowing the amp to deliver a clean, crunch and lead tone from the simple two-button footswitch (included).
Accutronics spring reverb, separate parallel effects loop with send and return for external side chain effects like chorus and delays, as well as an in-line loop through for EQ’s, Compressors or other effects, a master volume, Presence and Resonance controls are all included on the Custom Special 90.
As an additional feature the Presence and Resonance can be removed from the circuit with a simple touch of a switch on the front panel, shorting the signal path and delivering a truly vintage tube sound for the tone purist.
- Selectable 90-watt Class-AB / 20-watt Class-A output
- 2x12-inch Combo Using Lightweight Celestion Neodymium Speakers
- Footswitchable Full Two Channel Configuration
- Brit / USA Voicing Switch on Clean Channel
- Modern & Scoop Voicing Switches on Lead Channel
- Parallel and Loop-thru Effects Sends and Returns
- Vintage Accutronics Long-Spring Reverb
- Master Volume, Defeatable Presence and Resonance Controls
- Solid Plywood Cabinet Construction
- Aluminum chassis
- Extremely lightweight design for all-tube 2x12 combo (45 lbs / 20kg)
- Type Tube Guitar Combo Amplifier
- Cabinet Impedance (Ohms) 8
- Power @ min. impedance (Watts) 90
- Minimum Impedance (Ohms) 4
- Burst Power - 2 cycle 110
- Speaker Configuration - LF (Size / Power) 2 x 12-inch 120 watt
- Channel 1 - inputs 1/4-inch shared with channel 2
- Channel 1 - controls Gain, Boost, Vol, Treble/Mid/Bass, Reverb, EFX Rtn
- Channel 1 - switches Boost, Modern, Scoop
- Channel 2 - controls Gain, Vol, Treble/Mid/Bass, Reverb, EFX Rtn
- Channel 2 - switches Bright, USA/Brit, Expander
- Channel Switching 2 Footswitchable Channels with Boost on Ch. 1
- Master Volume Control Yes
- Main Tone Controls Presence, Resonance, Voice
- Line Out (type / configuration) Pre Out (TRS), DI Out (XLR) EFX Send Level
- Line Out Sensitivity (Vrms) 300mV
- Effects Volume Master Send, Dual Returns
- Effects Loop / Location Rear
- Effects Footswitch / Function Reverb and Effects Return
- Effects Return Sensitivity (Vrms) 300mV
- Internal Reverb / Effects Accutronics Dual Spring Long Tank
- LED Indicators Ch. 1, Ch. 2, Boost, Power/Standby
- Protection Mains Fuse
- External speaker output / location 1 Rear Panel
- Other Features 25 watt Class A low power mode switch
- Dimensions (DWH, inches) 10.5 x 27.5 x 21.5
- Dimensions (DWH, cm) 27 x 70 x 55
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||27.5" x 21.5" x 10.5"|
|Show ''Call For Price''||N/A|