Product Description for the TC Helicon VoiceTone Harmony G-XT
Vocal Harmony & Effects for Guitarists
Kick your vocals into high gear with VoiceTone Harmony-G XT. With improved harmony technology and reverb from its big brother VoiceLive® 2, Harmony-G XT will improve your tone and surround your voice with pro effects and vocal harmony.
Harmony-G XT; now with Pitch Correction
Auto chromatic pitch correction gently shifts your voice closer on pitch, making you sound better. It’s called Auto Chromatic because you don’t have to set anything other than turn it on. It’s like singing with a person who sings perfectly on pitch. The subtle pitch adjustments improve your sound but they also serve as a guide that helps you sing better too.
Download this latest version by running the VoiceSupport app that came with your product while connected to the web. If you don’t have VoiceSupport, you can download at the VoiceSupport page.
Easy Harmony Generation
Harmony-G XT has a good ear for music. It listens to your performance and decides what harmony notes would sound best with your song. Connect your guitar and a mic, choose one of the presets, play guitar and sing. No special guitar pickups, pre-programming, or extensive musical knowledge are required in order to use Harmony-G XT.
Choose Your Sound
You’re in control of a wide range of useful, exciting sounds. From a standing position you can switch through the five factory presets, each with a unique setting of effects, harmony and doubling and then choose the A or B effect within each preset. If you only need three presets or you want up to ten, this is configurable in Harmony-G XT.
You can edit the presets easily and store them as your personal combination. For example, the harmony voice interval range offers you an combination of two of the following including two of the same for added thickness:
- Higher and Low which center around a 5th above or 4th below
- High and Lower which center around a 3rd above or 6th below
- Bass, which sings the root of your guitar chord even if you’re singing other notes
- Octave up and down
The “FX” for each preset can be selected as well. Each of the categories of Hall, Room, Echo, Slap, Combi and SFX has three alternates. These are more than just add-on effects! These are the real deal from VoiceLive 2 including combinations of reverb, delay and µmod (micromod) that will put you and your harmony voices in a professional sounding, immersive space.
In a recording you can layer your lead melody to create extra thickness. Live, it’s not so easy. The Double button on Harmony-G XT activates a realistic, overdub style doubling effect on your voice that you can use alone or in tandem with the harmony voices. You have four options for doubling you can choose from:
The default: 1 voice with tightest humanization
- 1 voice with looser, more natural humanization
- 2 tight voices
- 2 natural voices
Better Overall Tone
- Don’t let that simple-looking Tone button fool you. Beneath is a professional signal chain including:
- Adaptive Shape – a unique boom reduction and brightness enhancer
- Compression – smoothing peaks and gently raising low level detail
- De-ess – reduces harsh consonant sounds
- Adaptive gate – which can help reduce feedback while reducing harmonized chattering of instruments when you’re not singing.
- Once Tone is activated, it remains in effect when harmonies are on and off and even in Bypass so you can chat with your audience using the same great tone as when you sing.