Camel Audio Alchemy
Product Description for the Camel Audio Alchemy
Alchemy is the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer which can turn your musical dreams into reality. It's a synth powerhouse and yet is easy to use thanks to its performance controls and remix pads. The library of contemporary sounds explores new sonic territory ranging from cutting-edge pads and sublime soundscapes to ultra-fat basses and synths. Just tweak the library of presets from many of the world's top sound designers or dive in and analyse your own samples - it's up to you!
Easily Add Inspiring Sounds to Your Music
Alchemy is perfect if you just want quick and easy access to inspiring sounds. The perform section gives access to the most important controls for the current preset, making it simple to tweak. The remix pad makes it possible to quickly try different variations - simply click and drag to morph between the eight sounds.
The Alchemy Mobile App for iPhone and iPad is an inspiring touch remote. It's perfect onstage for live performances or in the studio you'll spend more time getting inspired at your controller keyboard and less time reaching for the mouse.
Alchemy ships with over 5.5GB of exclusive samples and a library of 675 presets from many of the world's top sound designers. With eight carefully designed variations of each sound, it's like having 4800 presets! Sounds range from soaring pads to endessly evolving soundscapes and playable arps. All sounds are arranged in categories for rapid access to the sound you require, to keep your inspiration flowing. There are also a variety of sound libraries available to further extend your library.
Manipulate Sounds in ways that are Impossible with Any Other Synth
Alchemy allows you to manipulate sounds in ways which are impossible with any other soft synth or sampler. Alchemy features the most powerful additive synthesis engine with the most accurate resynthesis available in any plugin, which allows you to create unique sounds. Alchemy also features spectral and granular synthesis, sampling, and a fat sounding virtual analog engine - it's like getting five synths for the price of one! You can morph or crossfade between sources for anything from vector mixing, to morphing one voice into another. Listen to the music player above to hear the huge variety of possibilities.
You can import your own samples from SFZ, WAV or AIFF files. A wide range of analog modelled filters are included, in addition to a flexible rack of effects which includes all those from CamelPhat and CamelSpace as well as many new effects such as a high quality reverb. The innovative modulation system is extremely flexible, yet easy to use. Alchemy also features a powerful arpeggiator with the ability to import the groove from any MIDI file for immediate synchronization to your beats.
Watch video tutorials covering each area in bite sized 10 minute chunks. Or search the comprehensive, easy to read manual.
Alchemy uses remarkably little CPU given its many advanced features. Thanks to the great care that went into development, you can use many instances simultaneously on modern systems.
Alchemy comes with a library of 675 presets (view full list) covering everything from evolving pads, and sublime soundscapes to playable arps, basses, vocal textures and atmospheric sound effects designed by many of the worlds top sound designers. It also features a 5.5GB sample library recorded over many years of dedicated sampling sessions, covering both unusual creative material such as the sound of chewing polystyrene and more conventional sampling of numerous acoustic instruments and voices, including a chamber choir.
- over 5.5GB of samples and analysed content from in-house designers Tim Conrardy and Biomechanoid, as well as designers such as Ian Boddy, Robert Rich, Scott Solida and Nucleus SoundLab
- sound designers include Biomechanoid, Tim Conrardy, Arksun, Luftrum, Ian Boddy, Richard Devine, Michael Kastrup, Junkie XL, Ugo, Artvera, John 'Skippy' Lehmkuhl, Tasmodia, Adam van Baker, Robert Rich, Lotuzia, bManic, Beej, Xenox, Jim Hunter, Antonio Blanca, Torben Hansen, Paul Nauert, Christian Kjeldsen, Rory Dow, Bryan 'Xenos' Lee, Ole Jeppesen, Martin Walker, Pendle, BigTone, himalaya, patchen preston, yuroun and Dangerous Bear
- intelligent random preset generation with a single click
- all presets carefully organised by category
- import your own SFZ and WAV files
- advanced resynthesis engines help keep the library small, reducing the need for a huge disk-straining sample library
- many expansion sound libraries available
Alchemy is perfect if you just want to quickly and easily have access to inspiring sounds. The perform section makes it possible to have an incredibly powerful synth with an incredibly simple interface. The perform section has the most important controls for the current sound. The remix pad makes it possible to quickly experiment with variations of the current sound - simply click and drag to morph between the eight variations.
- 16 controls per preset carefully assigned by the preset designer, for instant access to each presets most tweakable parameters
- 8 remix pad variations per preset - click and drag to morph between variations
- two XY squares
- unique 'auto assign' feature to assign a full set of performance controls with two clicks
Alchemy has four sources which are each capable of resynthesizing sounds using a wide range of techniques. Alchemy is capable of a larger number of resynthesis techniques with higher quality resynthesis than with any other software synth. Resynthesis allows you to do many interesting things which are impossible with conventional samplers such as morph between sounds, change the balance between the pitched and noise parts of a sound, adjust the odd/even harmonic balance and stretch or elongate the parts of a sound. Listen to track one in the music player in the top left of this page to get a taste of what's possible.
- 4 stereo sources each of which has additive, VA, spectral, granular and sampler engines
- morph between sources using advanced harmonic blending and precise time alignment
- crossfade between sounds with vector mixing
- modulatable stretch and position knobs for anything from tempo synced loops to wavesequencing
- up to 100 zones per source using any synthesis method
- easy to use file import browser with sample preview
- micro tuning support with comprehensive categorized library of scales
- highly optimized code including SSE and Altivec optimizations
Alchemy has the most powerful additive synthesis engine available in any soft synth. Additive synthesis is capable of creating any sound you can imagine. When you import a sound to the additive engine, you break it down into its harmonics, which offers an incredible depth of control over the sound.
- very high quality analysis and resynthesis - import vocal phrases, drum loops, ...
- up to 600 stereo oscillators
- realtime modulation of amplitude, pitch and pan spectrums by any modulator - for example, control the odd/even harmonic balance, pan partials using LFOs, stretch or contract the
- harmonic spectrum and lots more
- individual amplitude, pitch and pan envelopes for each partial
- easy to use additive editor with unique detail knob to simplify sounds for editing
The spectral synthesis engine allows you to analyse sounds and then perform high quality pitch and time stretching on them. You can also view the sounds as pictures and edit them with paint brushes and other graphics tools.
- phase vocoder analysis for high quality pitch and time stretching
- noise resynthesis mode using 256 band noise shaping
- advanced graphical sonogram editing - choose from a range of brushes and select the colour and opacity
- graphical spectral cut, copy and paste - cut or copy and paste specific frequency and time regions
Granular synthesis represents sounds as a stream of ‘grains’, or tiny pieces of sound. Alchemy offers a very powerful granular synthesis engine which is great for time stretching and pitch shifting as well as creating all kinds of special effects.
- freely modulatable parameters including grain size, density (up to 10 simultaneous grains), random grain time and random pan
- selectable and customizable granular window shapes
Alchemy can play back highly detailed sample libraries of acoustic instruments, as it now supports round-robin and key-switching plus unlimited keyboard zones and velocity layers. Alchemy may be the only sample player you ever need, since it can now load third-party or converted SFZ libraries, or you can select multiple WAV files and have them automatically mapped across the keyboard. When you load an SFZ file, Alchemy automatically creates eight remix pad variations using different effects and modulations.
- round-robin provides realistic repeated notes
- keyswitching for rapid access to different articulations
- automatic easy mapping of multiple WAV files across the keyboard
- intelligent memory handling to allow you to load any SFZ file no matter how large
- SFZ opcodes supported: 'region' and 'group' headers and the following opcodes: sample, pitch_keycenter, lokey, hikey, key, lovel, hivel, loop_mode, cutoff, fil_veltrack, default_path, volume, tune, pan, seq_position, trigger, sw_last.
Virtual Analog Synthesizer
Alchemy has a virtual analog synthesis engine with a wide variety of waveform shapes, pulse width modulation and a powerful unison engine capable of synthesising up to 600 oscillators.
- PWM and symmetry control
- initial phase control
- up to 600 oscillator unison with pitch, amp and pan control of unison oscillators
- large library of single cycle waveforms from classic synths to new designs by Galbanum
Alchemy has a more powerful modulation system than any soft-synth outside of dedicated synth construction environments. Alchemy features a unique ‘modular’ modulation system which combines ease of use with almost limitless flexibility. It’s a bit different from an ordinary synthesizer’s modulation system, but don’t worry: you can learn the basics in no time.
- up to 16 LFOs, 16 AHDSRs, 16 MSEGs, 16 step sequencers - only those you use are displayed
- virtually every knob is modulatable by up to five different modulators (including modulation-depth knobs, modulator parameters...)
- advanced mod-map feature for anything from drawing custom velocity curves to creating algorithmic random note in a scale effects
- xy-mseg shows you a vector style view of two parameters such as morph x and y position, with ability to import xy timelines
- per destination 'smooth' control
- modulation arcs intuitively show the range of modulation
- modulation details of selected knob automatically displayed
- right click on knob and select 'add modulation' to rapidly add and assign modulators
- playing speed modulation source allows variable response to fast and slow playing; for example to crossfade between staccato and legato samples
- unique flip-flop modulation source for customizable round robin effects
Alchemy has 31 different filter types including many based on analog models of classic synths. With three filter slots per source, plus two main filters and two filters in the effects rack, you can have up to a massive 15 simultaneous filters.
- up to 15 simultaneous filters
- 31 different filter types including 18 analog modelled filters, 2 comb filters, 3 CamelPhat distortion algorithms and polyphonic ring modulation
- each source can be mixed between 2 parallel main filters each of which has an effects mix control
- 3 filters per source configurable between serial and parallel modes; applications include formant filtering with free control over the frequency and bandwidth of each formant
Alchemy boasts a wide variety of high quality effects processors, and what's more, virtually all the effects parameters are modulatable offering a huge variety of possibilities.
- camel reverb, acoustic reverb, 2 delays, 2 mod fx (each capable of flanger and chorus effects), 2 distortions (each has bit crusher, tube, mech and xcita effects), bass enhancer, compressor, multi mode filter, 2 bandpass filters and band reject mixers, 2 three band EQs, panner and amplifier
- all of the CamelSpace and CamelPhat effects included
- virtually all effects parameters are modulatable
- acoustic reverb with detailed control of time, damping and room design
- up to five effects blocks can be applied in any order
- flexible delay featuring two filter slots, crossover, offset and initial delay controls
- band pass filters and associated band reject mixers allow you to apply effects to specific frequency ranges for effects such as multiband distortion
Alchemy has a flexible arpeggiator with up to 128 steps and separate control over the velocity, pitch, pan and precise timing of each note, and you can even import midi files.
- separate control of the velocity, pitch and pan of each note
- midi file import for drum patterns and melodies
- 'groove import' to synchronize to a particular drum pattern
- wide variety of modes including up, down, up/down, down/up, as played, random and chord
- many parameters including multiple latch modes, key splits, played key velocity control, octave and source controllable from the modulation system
- ability to control one source or all four
- up to 128 steps
Remote Control for iPhone/iPad
The touch remote feature of the Alchemy Mobile App ($14.99/€11.99/£10.49) allows you to combine the immediacy of touch with the power of a desktop synthesizer.
- touch control of the remix pad and performance controls
- easy one touch preset changes
- spend more time getting inspired and less time reaching for your mouse
When you purchase our products, you don't just get a download - you get access to a whole host of services to help you get the most from Alchemy. By buying our software you enable us to create new products and can influence what we make. We actively listen to our customers through dialog on our forum and via email. We add many features for free, and customers get discounts on new products. We are a very small company, and really appreciate every customer - without them, none of our products would exist.
- download it from your account anytime, anywhere
- personalized keyfile for hassle free copy protection
- get access to the latest version with new features
- access the User Library which contains numerous presets and utilties
- context sensitive help takes you directly to the relevant part of the easy to read, searchable manual.
- watch tutorial videos explaining how to get the most from Alchemy
- access to our support forum
- get access to our fanatical tech support
|Show ''Call For Price''||N/A|