Product Description for the Shure Beta 181 Compact Side Address Mic
Shure introduces the Beta 181, an ultra-compact, side-address condenser microphone designed for discreet placement and control in live and studio environments. It is the first wired performance microphone from Shure that features interchangeable polar pattern capsules - cardioid, supercardioid, omnidirectional, and bidirectional - to offer superior versatility in constantly changing performance environments.
Shure Beta 181 Features
- Designed for discrete placement and control in live and studio environments.
- Interchangeable capsules with multiple polar pattern options deliver the ultimate in low-profile application flexibility
- Small diaphragm design provides superior audio with textbook polar responses in a form factor compact enough to get close to the source in the tightest conditions
- Precision-engineered, side-address design features innovative locking ring to provide secure connection between capsule and preamplifier with integrated XLR connections
- Furnished with stand adapter, windscreen and carrying case (carrying case will securely protect up to four polar pattern capsules)
The Shure Beta 181 works perfectly in tight spaces, whether under a piano lid or placed anywhere in, around, or over a drum kit. Studio engineers will especially appreciate the interchangeable capsules, allowing for creative placement and extra versatility.
With superior construction, low handling noise and high gain before feedback, the Beta 181 redefines sensitivity and control like all other Shure Beta microphones. The small diaphragm design provides superior audio with consistent polar responses in a form factor small enough to get close to the source in the tightest conditions.
"In many applications where a large diaphragm side-address condenser might be a desirable, but impractical choice for live music, the Shure Beta 181 offers a fresh solution," says renowned front-of-house engineer Roger Lindsay. "It gives a full, rich, well-defined sound in a microphone that goes where many others can't...impeccable performance in a neat, versatile package."
Like all of the other microphones in Shure's Beta line, such as the new Beta 91A, Beta 98A, and 2010 TEC Award nominated Beta 27, the Beta 181 is precision-engineered for superior sound reproduction, low handling noise, and high gain before feedback. Shure's Beta wired microphones strengthen all performances, for fine detail in a wide variety of demanding applications and changing environments.