KRK Ergo Room Correction System
Product Description for the KRK Ergo Room Correction System
Stop accepting and start correcting with ERGO™. A great mix starts with a great recording room. But when it comes to achieving the most accurate mix, your room may have the upper hand. Like any room, your studio’s acoustics include offending frequencies and room reflections, and none of these are helping your mix. Getting a handle on these problems have traditionally meant the installation of soft foam or fabrics, and that’s a great start. But now you can get even closer to a perfect room, and a perfect mix, because the future of studio sound is here, and it’s called ERGO.
Hear the difference
KRK, long known for highly accurate studio monitors brings you ERGO (Enhanced Room Geometry Optimization). ERGO is for the recording engineer, DJ, or musician that monitors in less-than-perfect acoustic conditions - isn't that most of us? ERGO is a digital room analysis/correction system designed to measure and analyze phase/frequency problems within a listening environment. The powerful digital signal processor in the ERGO unit processes audio to correct for the offending issues. So, you can stop worrying about your studio's acoustics and start focusing on your mix! ERGO's high-end sound quality makes it perfect for the discriminating audio professional, while the affordable price puts it within reach of the typical recording hobbyist. Every studio needs an ERGO, because even the most accurate monitor in an imperfect room isn't going to solve mixing problems, but ERGO will. ERGO also makes your mix translate from the studio to different environments. How good is a great rack that only sounds great in your room? With ERGO, your mix sounds great everywhere you, or your fans want to hear it. Want better sound, and in more places? Put ERGO in the mix. ERGO is a digital room analysis/correction system and consists of the ERGO unit, a microphone, and control software. These three pieces are used to measure and analyze phase/frequencies problems within a listening environment.
Smarter than your average gear
Room correction products aren’t new, but thank goodness ERGO is. While conventional room correction systems utilize simple analysis and limited bands of EQ (often fewer than 8), ERGO uses multiple measurements and proprietary algorithms to create a 3D image of the room, and then applies 1024 dynamic filters to control the audio environment. Our 3D model allows users to preserve the “good” characteristics of the room, while correcting the bad... ERGO doesn’t color the sound or produce an artificially sterile environment. ERGO produces the best mix for a given room; a mix that will translate better to other listening environments, since it was mixed in a “perfect” room.
Room perfect technology
The sophisticated room analysis and correction system within ERGO, called “RoomPerfect” was developed by Lyngdorf Audio in Denmark aftTer many years of R&D work. The patented algorithm in the system compares many measurements and corrects for phase and frequency problems using thousands of filters, not just a few. The result is the most accurate mix. ERGO, analyze this! Lyngdorf Audio utilizes some of the best audio engineers in the world to develop superior technology. Lyngdorf Audio is the industry leader and cutting-edge digital audio company and we are proud to exclusively license their technology.
Large Volume Knob Ultra-Smooth response volume control simultaneous control of ERGO's A/B/Sub outputs.
- "A" Speakers Enables or disables the audio being sent to the "A" speakers.
- "B" speakers Enables or disables the audio being sent to the "B" or subwoofer speakers.
- Room Correction Turns room correction processing on or off.
- Focus/Global Our 3D model allows users to preserve the "good" features of the room, while correcting the bad. ERGO also doesn't color the sound or produce an artificial anechoic environment. Normally, ERGO corrects for your monitoring position. This gives you perfectly corrected sound while mixing. In Global mode, the correct spot is widened so that others (products, musicians, groupies) can enjoy your mix in a corrected environment.
- Headphone Volume (side panel) Adjusts the output level of the headphone jack. The headphones have their own independent audio stream, or can mirror the A stream.
- Calibration Switch (back panel) This enables the room calibration microphone and places ERGO into analysis mode.
- Mechanicals: Illuminated Controls, Measurement Output, Headphone Output
- Processing: 400MHz Blackfin DSP, RoomPerfect Algorithm Sample Rate - 96KHz, Room Correction Frequencies 20-500Hz, 1024 tap FIR filter for room correction
- Dimensions: ERGO: 180mm (7") x 55mm (2.2") x 107mm (4.2")
- Microphone Length: 197mm (7.75")
- System Requirement : PC - Windows XP 32-Bit (SP2 or later) or Windows Vista 32-Bit, 1GB RAM, 10MB hard disk space, 800x600 monitor resolution (or higher), 4 or 6-pin FireWire port (6-pin port required to FireWire to supply power to ERGO), AC outlet (for ERGO power supply if power is not supplied via FireWire). Mac – Minimum Mac OSX 10.5.x, 1GB RAM, 10MB hard disk space, 800x600 monitor resolution (or higher), 4 or 6-pin FireWire port (6-pin port required to FireWire to supply power to ERGO), AC outlet (for ERGO power supply if power is not supplied via FireWire).
- Audio Spec: A/B Speaker Select/Control, Stereo Audio-inl ,S/PDIF In (32KHz-96KHz), 118db SNR, THD+N -100dB
- Weight: ERGO: 610g (21.5 oz)
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||7" x 2.2" x 4.2"|
|Show ''Call For Price''||N/A|