Solid State Logic Alpha VHD
Product Description for the Solid State Logic Alpha VHD
Transform your DAW audio interface with four SSL analogue mic preamps
- Ultra-clean, high-grade mic preamps with line and instrument level switching
- Four independent Variable Harmonic Drive (VHD) circuits
- VHD - a time machine of overdrive characteristics
- 100% analogue signal path
Say goodbye to the digital audio blues
Whether you need to track pristine vocals, crunched drums or electric guitars on the edge of sonic destruction, the VHD Pre delivers a powerful and versatile sound shaping tool kit - the perfect analogue companion to your digital recording system.
Based on the VHD circuit from our acclaimed Duality console, the VHD Pre adds four SSL mic preamps to any line level DAW audio interface, transforming it into a professional quality, multi-channel analogue recording system.
The four ultra-clean, high-grade mic preamps are combined with independent Variable Harmonic Drive circuits that use 100% analogue signal paths to generate rich harmonic distortion - adding SSL analogue attitude to your digital recordings.
As you increase the input gain, the Variable Harmonic Drive circuit introduces a blendable mix of 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion to your source material, taking it from gentle valve-style warmth through to trashy transistoresque grunge. It’s a new world of overdriven possibilities.
- Ultra-clean SSL preamp with 75dB of gain
- 48V phantom power
- 20dB Pad switches that illuminate to indicate overload
- Hi Z switches to accommodate mic, line and instrument level signals
- Four independent Variable Harmonic Drive systems
- Front panel 1/4" jack instrument/line level inputs with passive DI type impedance detection and level matching
- Individual input, output and VHD controls for each section
- Rear panel XLR mic/line inputs and XLR outputs
|Brand||Solid State Logic|