Product Description for the Steinberg CMC-AI
The USB-powered CMC AI Controller provides instant, hands-on tweakability for your Cubase music production system. Adjust plug-in and track parameters with your fingertips, create elaborate volume curves or browse sounds and presets in a breeze — with this flexible controller you will not only save valuable studio time but also add convenience to your recording, editing and mixing workflow.
The multi-functional centerpiece of the CMC unit is the acclaimed AI Knob, which has already proven its potential in Steinberg’s CC121, CI2 and CI2+ interfaces. This innovative “point and precision” knob allows you to quickly control about any visual Cubase object, such as mixer faders, EQ gain knobs or effect send levels. Simply point the mouse cursor on the desired object and you can instantly control the objcet-related value via the AI Knob — without additional assignments. For more convenience, the object can be locked to the AI Knob to retain control when the mouse is moved elsewhere onscreen.
In addition to the classic AI mode there are two special working modes that further enhance the unit’s capabilities. In the Volume mode the AI Knob turns into a high-precision master volume control, while the Jog mode equips the knob with intuitive jog functionality. Plus, by pushing the AI Knob once the Browse function is activated, which lets you select presets and sounds from pop-up dialogs with the turn of a knob.
To make this portable controller even more versatile, the CMC-AI houses four user-assignable function buttons, allowing you to adapt the unit exactly to your needs. In sum, this mobile control device is a smart and easy-to-use addition to the computer mouse and keyboard. The universal AI Knob, customizable function buttons and dedicated working modes make this piece of hardware a must for any serious Cubase user.
- Super-flexible AI controller for Steinberg's Cubase and Nuendo software
- AI Knob adjusts software parameters selected by computer mouse
- Lock the AI Knob to a function to free up your mouse
- Volume mode allows AI Knob to adjust the value of the master fader
- Browse mode allows AI Knob and arrow keys to search and select a preset in the browse window
- 4 x user-assignable function keys
- Combines seamlessly with other CMC series controllers, allowing you to create a custom control surface that best meets your needs
- Fully mirrored Cubase functionality: intuitive operation due to the adoption of the Cubase color scheme and icons
- Ergonomic design allows you to work comfortably, placing the controls you need right at your fingertips
- Illuminated, high-resolution touch controls provide detailed visual feedback
- Small enough to fit in your pocket, in front of your keyboard or laptop, or on the top panel of your master keyboard controller
- User-assignable functions give you additional flexibility and tweaking options
- USB bus power requires no additional power supply
- Cross-platform compatible with Mac OS X and Windows operating systems
- Cubase AI download version included to let you start recording your music straight away
- Joint plate included for quick and easy connection with other CMC series controllers