Product Description for the Pioneer DDJ-RZX Bedroom Rocker Kit 2
1 x Pioneer DDJ-RZX
2 x Yamaha HS8
2 x Mogami TRS-TRS 6' Cable
Visualise your sets with the DDJ-RZX controller for rekordbox video. Designed for DJs on the road, it comes with three 7-inch touch screens that let you close your laptop and get intuitive control over audio and video features in rekordbox dj and rekordbox video directly from the hardware.
The DDJ-RZX inherits traits from the CDJ-2000NXS2 multiplayer and DJM mixer series including large jog wheels, multicoloured Performance Pads and high-quality sound. Plus an extensive FX unit lets you trigger Mic FX, Combo FX, Sampler Repeat and Release FX – as well as the studio-quality Sound Colour FX from the DJM-900NXS2
- Mix audio and videos instinctively with features inherited from the CDJ and DJM series including large jog wheels and multicoloured tactile Performance Pads. The 4-channel controller has an independent sampler section for intuitive control of Beat Sync, quantize and trim on the sampler.
- Hear the true quality of your tracks thanks to AC inlets for reduced cable contact resistance and a high-performance 96 KHz/32 bit D/A converter made by Asahi Kasai. Plus a low-jitter clock IC and the 96kHz/24 bit USB sound card ensure powerful, high-quality sound.
3 TOUCH DISPLAYS
- Three 7-inch touch screens give you direct access to track info such as titles, BPM and key using deck display mode, and enlarged waveforms for each track, as well as loops and Hot Cues in mixer display mode. You can use the displays to preview/monitor video and image files, trigger Beat FX and Release FX, while Touch FX lets you add FX and adjust parameters by tracing on the x and y axes on the display. All without having to touch your laptop.
DEDICATED MIC SECTION
- 2 XLR combo input jacks give distortion-free Mic output even at loud volumes. The dedicated 3-band EQ and Mic FX – Echo, Reverb, Pitch or V-Tune – let you tune each voice to give your performance just that little extra.
- The DDJ-RZX is stacked with pro-DJ FX controls for rekordbox dj and external sound sources. You can apply Sound Colour FX and Beat FX simultaneously, and trigger Release FX to reset them instantly to create a break. Plus you can add sub parameters to the Sound Colour FX or use Sampler Repeat to change the length of a loop.
- You get a free licence key for rekordbox video bundled with this controller. Use it to load videos and image files to the decks from a laptop or stream live footage from a USB camera, then add text overlays and FX in real-time. You have the option to prepare your video sets in rekordbox or mix your visuals on the fly.
Yamaha’s HS series are seen by some as the long-awaited successor to the company’s ubiquitous NS10M studio monitors, which came onto the market way back in 1978 and can still be found in countless commercial studios to this day. In a way, that’s slightly unfair on the HS.
hs8The NS10 is still fiercely defended by its ranks of devotees, but the notoriously uneven frequency response and poor low-frequency extension make it an eccentric choice at best for the demands of modern dance music production. Sure, there are plenty of producers who know them inside out – and there are few monitors as revealing in the midrange – but 35 years on there are much more suitable options for electronic music makers.
The HS8 is an altogether more modern proposition, with a flat frequency response and impressively tight and deep bottom end. The original HS80M, released back in 2006, was impressive in its own right and the new HS8 is essentially an updated version of the same monitor, with slightly improved drivers and a redesigned cabinet. We prefer the HS8 over the smaller HS7 for its deeper bass response without sacrificing mid-range clarity. (The HS7s and HS5s are still good options if your budget won’t stretch to the larger model.)
So, a modern equivalent of the NS10? Not really. A different monitor with a much more contemporary sound which is far more useful for dance music production. But we will concede that the iconic white cone on the woofer is a nostalgic throwback to the NS10’s glory days.
Mogami TRS-TRS 6' Cable:
For outstanding neutral tone and noise rejection, Mogami Gold TRS-TRS is an excellent interconnect cable for any ¼ " balanced line cable. This cable is a very popular choice for line output into mixers and powered speakers.