Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
Product Description for the Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
Pioneer's flagship CDJ player, the CDJ-2000nexus, offers exciting features and technologies including Wi-Fi connectivity (a first in the industry), compatibility with Pioneer's new rekordbox App for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, Android tablets and smartphones, and new functions such as Beat Sync, Wave Zoom and Slip. Newly enhanced features inherited by the CDJ-2000nexus include a selection screen interface for a more intuitive music search experience, increased visibility of the needle search pad, and improved master tempo sound quality.
Inheriting the DNA of the much-loved CDJ-2000, the CDJ-2000 nexus has evolved beyond DJs’ wildest dreams. DJs can prepare amazing sets and playlists using the included rekordbox software or download the new rekordbox app to access the same features on their iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, Android smartphones or tablets. Music can then be loaded onto the CDJ-2000nexus via USB or, new for the CDJ-2000nexus, Wi-Fi1.
The CDJ-2000nexus opens up a new realm of possibilities during performance, with the addition of four-deck rekordbox Beat Sync. Dedicated controls for Master and Sync let you choose which new songs are automatically beat-matched to the master deck. DJs can now focus on taking their performance to new heights through their mastery of loops, cues and new live edit functions, all perfectly in sync.
"Finally true quantization comes to hardware users, opening up possibilities for those who want to retain traditional DJing methods but with the advantages of technology.”
The hugely popular Slip Mode is an essential performance tool that takes the risk out of using remix functions such as loop, scratch and reverse. DJs can create live edits while Slip Mode keeps the music playing muted in the background, bringing it back in when the edit is finished. Another new feature is Active Loop; DJs can use rekordbox to set automatic loops in any track. So DJs can extend part of a track, never miss a trick, or prolong the end of a song so the music never runs out unexpectedly.
New Quantize functions have also been added. Along with snapping all cue and loop points to the rekordbox beat grid, Hot Cues and Hot Loops can now be triggered in perfect time with the music. A dedicated Quantize button makes it easy to switch between ‘free’ or ‘quantized’ playback, giving DJs the choice to express themselves in the best way for each performance. Automatic recall of Hot Cues and Hot Loops makes the whole creative process even more fluid.
The CDJ-2000nexus makes mixing in-key effortless. Tracks are analysed by rekordbox and the CDJ-2000nexus browser incorporates a simple traffic light system that shows you which songs will mix well with the master deck. This works hand in hand with Master Tempo, which changes the music speed without altering its pitch. DJs will notice a significant improvement in quality and it now works without artefacts up to ±16%.
The large, full-colour screen now features rekordbox Wave Display and Wave Zoom to provide a much better view of the music, and lets DJs edit beat grids directly on the players. Browsing music is even more intuitive, with the option to view tracks in list, artwork or customisable formats. The screen shows a host of mixing tools that can be pre-set in rekordbox, such as Beat Countdown and Phase Meter.
The CDJ-2000nexus retains all the popular features of the CDJ-2000, such as the 206mm jog wheel and the ability to edit playlists on the fly. And, naturally for Pioneer professional products, the highest possible sound quality and robust build come as standard.
rekordbox Software Functions
With the included rekordbox music management software installed on a computer, users can organize and catalog their entire music libraries. Newly added features available when rekordbox is used with the CDJ-2000nexus include music file analysis functions such as Wave Form Zoom (wave form expansion) and Key, as well as additional settings such as Active Loop and Hot Cue Auto Load.
When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares it for use specifically for the CDJ player. Key elements of Pioneer’s rekordbox software:
- Data Analysis – Wave Zoom, Key, Wave, Beat Grid, BPM, ID3 Tag and more
- Track Settings – Active Loop, Hot Cue Auto Load, Cue, Loop
- Creation and editing of Playlists
- Saving of playback log information
Full-Color LCD Display
The CDJ-2000nexus features a large full-color WQVGA 6.1-inch (480 x 234) LCD panel for displaying song titles and album art as well as detailed track information. The Wave data of each song is also illustrated on screen and the new Wave Zoom function provides five different levels of magnification of the wave data which are color-coded according to bandwidth.
Pro DJ Link
Pioneer’s Pro DJ Link feature enables up to four CDJ-2000nexus players to connect via the Link Port and share a single music source. Additional functions added to the CDJ-2000nexus that can be accessed when other players are connected using the Pro DJ Link are:
- Beat Sync – Tempo and beat location of music currently playing on one of the device can be matched with the push of a button.
- Traffic Light – Shows the keys of music being played by any players connected via Pro DJ Link, making key-compatible music easier to find by a different color indicator.
- Beat Count and Phase Meter – The Beat Count, which is the number of beats until a set point (memory cue), and the Phase Meter, which shows the beat/bar of the music, can also be displayed simultaneously by other players.
Pioneer added Slip Mode and Quantize functions to the CDJ-2000nexus for added performance and reliability.
- Slip Mode – When activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and continues audible playback at the exact time when the loop, reverse or scratch is ended, resulting in smoother transitions.
- Quantize – Utilizing a Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and synching beats during manual looping or real-time cueing to reduce off-beat mistakes.
- My Settings – The function settings of a player can be saved to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, USB storage device, SD memory card, or other device. For additional convenience, the settings can also be can be made ahead of time on the rekordbox App or software allowing users switch to their settings when a connection is made to the CDJ-2000nexus.
- Wolfson Processor – To achieve excellent sound quality, the player is equipped with the audio industry’s highly respected Wolfson® DAC processor, delivering a very transparent, accurate audio signal with a highly improved signal-to-noise ratio and increased headroom.
- DJ software MIDI/HID control – Up to 35 controls on the surface of each player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effectors and software by way of HID and/or MIDI.
- Active Loop – Automatically starts loops when playback begins from a specified point.
- Needle Search – the touch pad lets the DJ “place the needle” and jump quickly to a specific part of a music track.
- Load Previous Track – Playback of prior music that has been loaded to the player.
- Rating on the Go – Users can rate tracks during play for easy reference or sorting.
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||12.6 x 15.97 x 4.19|