Shure SLX24/SM58 Wireless Microphone System
Product Description for the Shure SLX24/SM58 Wireless Microphone System
The Shure SLX24/SM58 combines an SLX2/SM58 handheld microphone/transmitter with the Shure SLX4 diversity receiver. Great for installed sound applications and working bands, this Shure SLX wireless system offers up Shure's patented Audio Reference Companding technology along with a setup complete with automatic synchronization and suppport for up to 20 compatible systems (area dependent). The Shure SLX2/SM58, included with the SLX24/SM58, is the classic cardioid dynamic microphone with a built-in transmitter. For easy setup, you'll also enjoy automatic frequency scanning and transmitter setup with the SLX24/SM58.
Operates on frequency band J3
This Shure SLX2/SM58 system operates on frequency band J3.
SLX: Clear Transmissions
The SLX sound featured with the SLX24/SM58 is founded on Shure's patented Audio Reference Companding, a technology which brings more transmission clarity and dynamic range to wireless systems. Unlike traditional wireless companding schemes that are restricted by a fixed compression ratio, this technology utilizes a variable compression ratio. The result is the elimination of wireless artifacts during quiet passages and superior dynamic range says Shure.
SLX: Simple Setup!
On an operational level, the SLX24/SM58 system's SLX4 receiver employs features that make setup almost effortless. Utilizing Auto Frequency Selection and Auto Transmitter Setup, the SLX system scans the wireless landscape and identifies a clear channel instantly. Then, guided by an infrared link, at the touch of a button the transmitter automatically syncs with the receiver. With over 960 operating frequencies across 24 MHz of UHF bandwidth, you should be able to quickly and easily set up up to 20 systems in a given location (area dependent).
SLX: Diversity Receiver
The SLX24/SM58's SLX4 is a rugged metal wireless receiver that employs diversity technology to improve reception and minimize dropouts. The SLX4 is outfitted with rack-mount hardware, detachable 1/4-wave antennas, a backlit LCD display, 1/4-inch and XLR output connectors, frequency and power lockouts, an In Line power supply, and a rear-panel volume control. Finally, the multi-function LCD displays group, channel, frequency, transmitter battery strength, and locked/unlocked status.
SLX: Handheld & Bodypack Transmitters
The SLX24/SM58 is a cardioid dynamic microphone - a stage standard - that limits interference from other on-stage sound sources and features a frequency response that's perfectly tailored for vocals with a brighter midrange and bass roll-off. It features an integrated handheld transmitter, a timed backlit LCD, frequency and power lockouts, and 300 ft. (100m) of operating range. It also operates on two AA batteries for eight hours of continuous use.
- Operates on frequency band J3
SLX2/SM58 Handheld Microphone/Transmitter
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Automatic Transmitter Setup
- Backlit LCD with timeout feature
- Automatic Frequency Selection
- Automatic Transmitter Setup
- 960 Selectable frequencies across 24 MHz bandwidth
- Detachable 1/4 wave antennas
- Microprocessor-controlled diversity
- RF presence LED
- 5-segment audio meter
- Multi-function, backlit LCD
- Low battery indicator
- Frequency and power lockout
- Rugged metal chassis
- Volume control on rear of unit
- 1/2 rack design
- Furnished rack hardware
- Non-slip bumpers for use out of rack
- XLR and 1/4" outputs