Neumann KM184MT Cardioid Small Diaphragm Microphone
Product Description for the Neumann KM184MT Cardioid Small Diaphragm Microphone
Ideal for solo instruments, ensemble, and spot miking, the compact Neumann KM 184 MT Microphone is a small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone that offers premium Neumann sound that's both open and musical.
The KM 184 MT features a non-reflective nickel finish. All the KM 180 series microphones feature an output stage based on the KM 100. Transformerless circuitry and balanced output result in high output gain with a very low noise floor and no coloration to the output signal.
The KM 184 is powered via +48 Volt phantom power. Its 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response provide flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 184's cardioid polar pattern provides a targeted pick up area and handles sound pressure levels up to 138dB, allowing fairly close miking of instruments.
- Small-diaphragm condenser mic
- Of the "fet 100" series with a transformerless microphone circuit
- Capsule with cardiod pick-up pattern
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise (16dB A-weighted)
- Exceptionally high overload capacity (up to 138dB SPL before overload)
- Exceptionally clear sound reproduction free of coloration
- Very smooth frequency curves parallel to 0 degrees sound incidence
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency range
- Equivalent loudness level due to inherent noise: 16dB (DIN/IEC 651 dB-A), 25dB (CCIR 468-3 weighted)
- S/N ratio re:1Pa @ 1kHz, (CCIR 468-3 weighted) 69dB (S/N = 94dB - equiv. noise) A-weighted: 78dB
- Max SPL for less than 0.5% THD: 138dB
- Total dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (Max SPL-self noise): 122dB
- Requires 48V phantom powering ±4 V
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||Diameter: .86", 22 mm Length: 4.2", 107 mm|
|Show ''Call For Price''||N/A|