Klark Teknik DN540
Product Description for the Klark Teknik DN540
Compressors were originally devised to reduce the dynamic range of audio signals. To do this they use gain modification that makes adjustments to signal levels automatically, dependant on the level and dynamic of the signal itself, and upon the character and control settings of the particular compressor unit.
Throughout the history of dynamics processing many different types of compressor have been produced using many different types of gain technology. Each type has a distinctive sound. Users have found many applications which benefit from these often unintentional compression audio artifacts, taking the use of compressors far beyond simple dynamic range reduction, sometimes even generating the complete reverse; dynamic enhancement. It is with these creative applications in mind, that the DN540 has been designed to offer a latency-free, comprehensive and compact dynamics processing package.
With its unique presence feature the DN540 will be especially useful on vocals to eliminate the "pumping" effects of spill and to add "air" to the sound without introducing noise.
- Quad channel compressor
- Easy to use and requires minimum set up to produce excellent results
- Features a unique and intuitive presence control that improves the high frequency sound quality without increasing noise or squealing (howl-round)
- Features extremely low noise and distortion levels
- Designed from a sonic point of view and can produce extremely transparent compression
- Advanced envelope generator with manual controls that can be easily switched in or out to produce transparency or creative dynamic effects
- The compressors intuitive turn it up, turn it down approach to control knob labeling avoids confusion during fast adjustment
- The status of bypass, solo and other major switches are boldly presented to avoid mistakes
- Linking features true power summing so it always provides true threshold setting for stereo material
- Great sounding compressor as it has been "tuned" by ear
- Road worthy chassis
- Balanced outputs
- Auto switching power supply
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||1.75" x 19" x 12"|
|Show ''Call For Price''||N/A|