Novation XioSynth 49 Keyboard
Product Description for the Novation XioSynth 49 Keyboard
The Xio features a mono-timbral Novation synth engine with 10-voice polyphony, with 3 oscillators (17 waveforms each), 1 Filter (varying types), 2 LFOs (32 waveforms each), an arpeggiator and a multi-effects board. The Xio features 200 hard-hitting onboard patches, utilising a new optional filter distortion to produce an even greater range of sounds than on previous synths; from the distinctive clean British sound to the filthiest and grittiest of sonic characters. Furthermore, 60 of the onboard sounds come from internationally acclaimed artists and producers from a variety of musical genres, namely James Zabiela, Ferry Corsten, Rennie Pilgrem, Roots Manuva, Shimon and Skeewiff. As such, every one of the patches on the Xio is eminently and instantly usable for creating synthesized music of any kind.
An ultra-low latency 2 In/2 Out audio interface for high quality recording and playback is also included. This allows you to record a microphone with phantom power, as well as simultaneously stream the onboard synth audio directly to the sequencer via the USB cable. Equally though, a guitar can be plugged straight into the Jack input for DI recording, as well as simultaneously mic'd, and recorded with outstanding results. Check the demo Xio guitar track in the Novation online player to be blown away by the quality.
If wanting a compact controller keyboard for studio or live use, the Xio is the most flexible and powerful tool on the market. In addition to synthesizing and audio/MIDI interfacing, the keyboard is also a comprehensive control surface with 11 knobs and buttons (doubled to 22 by a Group A/B switch), plus the freely assignable Xpression pad and stick. All of these controls are pre-programmed in 16 onboard Templates, so that the Xio can instantly control many software applications straight out the box. Add to this many more Templates online, a free Template Editor software application and hybrid modes for simultaneous synthesizing and MIDI controlling, and you have an extremely versatile package for producing or performing.
Simply connecting the keyboard over USB is all that's required to start recording, synthesizing and MIDI controlling. As the device is class compliant, no drivers are required for Windows XP or Mac OSX (although some are provided to improve latency and stability in some apps). Furthermore, if wanting to excape the confines of the studio for a while, the USB cable can be unplugged and the Xio can be powered by batteries, functioning as a standalone synth completely separately from the computer.
- Novation-class Synthesizer 10-voice mono-timbral engine with multi-effects processor and 200 massive sounds.
- High Profile User Patches 60 cool sounds from internationally-renowned artists and producers across a variety of musical genres
- 24-bit Audio Interface Ultra-low latency 2 In/2 Out audio interface for high quality recording and playback; includes 1 XLR input with phantom power
- MIDI Controller Unrivalled MIDI controller with a host of assignable controls, 16 onboard Templates and hybrid modes for simultaneous synthesizing/controlling.
- 2-D Controls Fantastic ‘Xpression’ pad and pitch/mod joystick, both freely assignable in MIDI Controlling mode; allow 6 parameters to be tweaked at once!
- USB/Battery Power USB bus-powering is available, as well as optional battery (AA)/PSU operation, making the keyboard highly portable
- One part, 10-voice polyphonic
- 3 Oscillators, 17 Waveforms
- 2 LFOs, 32 Waveforms
- Multimode resonant filter section with various filter options
- Extensive modulation capabilities
- Arpeggiator with latch
- X-GATOR with latch
- Direct streaming of synth into computer via USB
- Keys: 25 or 49
- Type: Semi-weighted
- Velocity curves: 7
Pitch and mod wheel mechanism
- Pitch wheel lever: Rubberised - centre return spring loaded left to right motion
- Mod/control lever: Rubberised - spring loaded front to back motion
- Touchpad: 1 x touch sensitive 45x60mm
- Parameters: 2 assignable in X direction
- 2 assignable in Y direction
- LCD: 2 x 16 character silver
- Blue LED backlit
- MIDI: 1 MIDI Out
- USB MIDI: 1 In/1 Out
- Inputs: 1 XLR (with phantom power)
- 1 TS Jack
- Outputs: 2 TS Jack (L/R)
- 1 stereo Headphones Jack
- Data ports: 1 x USB 1.1
- Sustain pedal: 1 x 1/4” Jack Input
- Rotary potentiometers: 11, 0-270° rotation
- Rotary encoders: 1, 360° continuous DATA wheel
- Buttons: 11 function switches
- Group B switch
- General operation: 4 Mode and Menu select buttons
- Keyboard Octave Up and Down buttons
- Synth Menus/Audio mode select button
- Effect Select buttons (Synth Mode)
- Template/Bank/Page Up/Down buttons
- Line/Phones Volume pots
- Battery operation: 6 x standard 'AA' Size
- External power supply: Standard 'centre positive' 9V DC 600mA (Novation PSU6)
- Operating system: Mac OSX 10.2.4 or greater or Windows XP (32- and 64- bit Vista compatible)
- Computer spec: Apple G3/400 GHz or Pentium 600 MHz or better
- Interfacing: USB 1.1 compatible USB connector
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||38" x 5.3" x 11.4"|
|Show ''Call For Price''||N/A|