Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
Product Description for the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
The DT 990 PRO is designed for use in studio and on stage for professional use. The headband has a rugged construction (thicker material) and gives a secure fit for the listener. This provides a better fit and causes also a more powerful compressed sound which is necessary for professional applications in studio, OB and FOH. The DT 990 (Edition 2005) is designed for listening music and relax. The headband provides a long wearing comfort for hours. The Hifi-version has a more transparent and open sound than the DT 990 PRO. The differences of both headphones are not huge in mechanical design, but only that small change causes a big difference in sound and application.
The DT 990 PRO is an open dynamic headphone of exceptional quality suitable for the most demanding professional and audiophile applications. The reduced weight of the diaphragm and moving coil result in a similar pulse characteristic as electrostatic headphones, and in combination with a carefully tailored frequency response offer a natural and balanced sound.Soft ear pads and adjustable, sliding, earpieces together with a very flexible coiled cable ensure listening comfort during extended periods of use.
- Open, diffuse-field studio headphone
- Professional version of the many times awarded “DT 990”
- Extremely lightweight diaphragm for superb impulse performance
- Excellent sound reproduction
- Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
- Robust, easy serviceable construction as all parts are replaceable
- Single-sided cable
- Velour, circumaural ear pads
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Open
- Weight without cable; 250 g
- Frequency response: 5 - 35,000 Hz.
- Nominal impedance: 250 Ω /System
- Nominal SP: > 96 dB
- Nominal THD: < 0.2%
- Power handling capacity: 100 mW
- Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural
- Average pressure on ear: 3.5 N
|Show ''Call For Price''||No|
Review by makoto
Since these are open back, is impossible to record on them but, and if you are in a loud environment, these are not for you. For the open back design is impossible to determine the true source of a sound that comes from outside.
Even better than several more expensive headphones with a great frequency response. Remember to use them for 110 hours before mixing on them because you will require to break them before they reach the real sound they were design for. (Posted on 10/14/11)