Focusrite ISA ONE Digital Mic Preamp with A/D
Product Description for the Focusrite ISA ONE Digital Mic Preamp with A/D
The ISA One Digital from Focusrite is a single channel, transformer-based microphone preamp, based on the original ISA 110 preamp that formed the cornerstone of each channel of the legendary Forte console. It features classic vintage topology and includes the Lundahl L1538 transformer and a custom Zobel network.
The included analog-to-digital board provides AES/EBU, S/PDIF and SMUX-compliant ADAT outputs with the preamp and DI signals streamed separately over the 2 channels of the digital connection. The studio-grade A/D conversion with jitter-elimination technology, and the 118dB dynamic range, allows a direct digital bypass of the analog circuitry and converters in the user's DAW audio interface, and provides a high-end signal path straight into any music recording software.
In addition to switchable input impedance settings for the microphone preamp, the unit includes a line input on XLR and 1/4" TRS phone jacks. An independent DI channel features a dedicated gain control, active or passive impedance switch, a 1/4" TRS output for routing to an amplifier, and an independent XLR output on the rear.
The ISA One features an insert point should the need arise to place extra signal processing between the preamp or DI, and the analog-to-digital converter. Phantom power, phase reverse and a 75Hz, 18dB/octave high-pass filter are also available from the angled front fascia.
Independent input metering for both channels is provided by a moving coil VU meter with variable calibration to suit analog and digital recording media, alongside two six-LED peak meters. Inputs can be metered either pre- or post-insert. The meter calibrations utilize the same reference points as Digidesign's Pro Tools HD systems, allowing effortless integration with Pro Tools.
- Classic single-channel Focusrite microphone preamp with independent DI
- Encased in a rugged and portable chassis
- Ideal for both engineers and demanding performers alike, featuring independent gain control, an output for routing to an amp, an independent XLR output on the rear and routing to the ADC
- Stereo 192kHz analog-to-digital conversion card utilizes cutting-edge conversion technology and Focusrite analog circuitry to deliver the highest A/D performance with a dynamic range of 119dB
- Four, carefully selected, switchable input-impedance levels (including the original ISA 110 setting), to match or enhance the performance of any microphone
- Headphone output with volume control can feed either a sum of the two inputs to the headphones output, or an external stereo cue mix (such as a stereo mix feed from an interface) via two TRS Jack inputs on the rear of the unit
- Dedicated insert point allows the user to place extra processing such as an EQ or compressor, between the preamplifier or DI and the optional converter
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||8.7 x 10/11.4 x 4.1" (220 x 254/290 x 104 mm)|
Move your mouse over image or click to enlarge
Review by makoto
The DI also sounds pristine and the digital output routing with in the device alows you to see the left output as the mic out and the right output as the DI so you dont have to walk around plugin and unpluging devices.
Can also be used for monitoring during recording by sending back the signal from your DAW to the device. That means true zero latency monitoring solution if routed properly.
Great sound, grat price and fantastic a/d conversion (Posted on 10/14/11)