Neumann U87 Ai Shockmount Set Z Microphone with Box
Product Description for the Neumann U87 Ai Shockmount Set Z Microphone with Box
The Neumann U87 studio Microphone is famous for its warm sound and well-balanced characteristics. Equipped with a large dual-diaphragm capsule with 3 selectable directional patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8, it offers a 6dB improvement in signal-to-noise over its predecessor. A 10dB attenuation switch enables the U87 to handle sound levels up to 127dB without distortion; and the low frequency response can be reduced to compensate for proximity effect. The preferred studio vocal mic for decades, the Neumann U87 also makes a great main mic for band or home studio recordings, as well as a spot mic for single instruments. Frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz; impedance rated at 200 ohms. The Shockmount includes a windscreen, cable, EA87 elastic suspension and comes in a wooden jeweler's box.
- Three Polar Patterns
- The U 87 AI features three switchable polar patterns. Omni-directional, cardioid, and figure eight patterns provide the flexibility needed in any recording scenario.
- 10dB Pad Switch
- 10dB attenuation switch enables the microphone to handle sound pressure levels up to 127dB.
- Low Cut Roll-Off Switch
- A low cut roll off switch eliminates hum, rumble and low frequency noise.
- Advanced Output Circuitry
- Although the microphone features the original capsule, the U 87 AI features improved output electronics that provide higher sensitivity and improved signal-to-noise ratio.
Transducer (Pressure Gradient) Condenser Polar Pattern Cardioid, Omni-directional and Figure-8 Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz Dynamic Range (Typical) 115 dB (A-Weighted) Signal-to-Noise Ratio 82 dB (A-Weighted) Cardioid
79 dB (A-Weighted) Omni-directional
80 dB (A-Weighted) Figure-8
Maximum Input Sound Level 117 dB @ 1kHz, 0.5% THD (127 dB with Pad) Power Requirements Phantom 48v (+/-4v) Output Impedance 200 Ohms Output Connectors XLR-3M Type Pad Yes, -10 dB Preattenuation Low Frequency Roll-Off Yes, Switchable - To Reduce Proximity Effect Dimensions 8 x 2.24" (200 x 56mm) LxDdiameter Weight 17.64 oz. (500 g)
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||8 x 2.24" (200 x 56mm)|
Move your mouse over image or click to enlarge