Product Description for the Radial X-Amp
The Radial X-Amp is an active Reamper™ that allows the engineer to play a pre-recorded track back through guitar amplifiers and pedals. This opens the door to explore new musical sounds and spur on the creative process so that your recording stands out.
Using the X-Amp is easy: start by recording a dry track using a high quality direct box like the Radial J48. Send the new track from your recorder via the X-Amp to your guitar amps, effect pedals or combinations thereof. Once the basic track has been recorded, replacing or adding tracks can be done well after the session player has gone home. This eliminates tiresome repetition and assures a fresh vibrant performance on the final recording. Furthermore, by driving two amps at the same time, new sounds and textures can be created while allowing you to make artistic decisions as the recording progresses.
Following the critically acclaimed Radial JD7 Injector, the X-Amp employs a unique class-A circuit design that has been optimized for use with guitars. Features include balanced line level input with LED peak indicator and level control, class-A circuit topology for optimal reach and frequency response, a transformer isolated output to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops, a 180º polarity reverse switch to bring both amps into phase, and a dual ground lift switch for noise-free operation.
As with all Radial products, the X-Amp is built like a tank to provide years of trouble-free performance. An internal I-beam skeleton provides maximum protection against external stress which could cause solder points to fail. This is supplemented with an innovative bookend design that creates a protective zone around the switches, potentiometer and connectors. A full bottom no-slip pad performs double duty by keeping the X-Amp from sliding around when placed on a vibrating amplifier while also providing electrical and mechanical isolation. Reamping works equally well on bass, keyboards, drums and voice. Once you start Reamping, you will never record any other way.
The Radial X-Amp… the active Reamp® for professional recording engineers.
- Active Reamp® with two outputs
- 100% discrete class-A signal path
- Transformer isolated to eliminate noise
- Variable 'set & forget' level control
- Input (XLR connector): Balanced 600 ohm, +4dB Line level, AES standard Pin-1 hot
- Input level: +4dB balanced line level
- Input impedance: 600 Ohms
- Out-1 (1/4" connector): Unbalanced 10kOhm guitar signal, direct coupled
- Out-2 (1/4" connector): 10k-Ohm guitar signal, transformer isolated
- Output level: continuously variable
- Output impedance: 5K-Ohms
- Audio signal path: 100% discreet component Class-A circuit
- Dynamic range: >100dB
- Power requirement: 15VDC 400mA - center positive
- Construction/finish: 14-gauge steel chassis & shell/baked enamel finish
- Size: 3-5/16"W x 5"L x 1-7/8"D (84mm x 127mm x 48mm)
- Weight (boxed): 2.6lb (1.8kg)
- Warranty: 3 years limited (see owner's manual for details)